As a parent/legal guardian of a child involved in a program of Proctor Area Youth Baseball (PAYB), I agree to abide by and follow the rules and guidelines below.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desires.
- I will remember that my child plays baseball for his/her enjoyment, not mine.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship through my actions, by demonstrating positive support for all players.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with the athletes to provide a positive experience for all.
- I will demand my athlete treat all players, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will treat all players, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators with dignity and in language, attitude, behavior, and mannerisms.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my athlete or the safety of others.
- I will respect the property and equipment used at any sports facility, both home and away.
- I will let the coaches’ coach and if I have a problem, I will wait 24 hours before approaching coach. If I still have concerns or prefer, I will contact the team manager and/or Level Coordinator. If this does not result in a satisfactory conclusion, I will contact a member of the PAYB Executive Board.
- I will remain in the audience during a game and not approach the players’ dugout.
- I will remember that I am always representing PAYB, whether at our field, a tournament, or on social media.
- I will encourage any spectators with me to follow these same guidelines.
I understand that by signing this document I am agreeing to support and promote this Parent/Legal Guardian Code of Conduct Agreement. Further, my failure to comply with this Agreement or my participation in any of the defined CONDUCT SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINE will result in disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion from Proctor Area Youth Baseball and its affiliate member associations.